VIT University or VIT, formerly called Vellore Engineering College, is a private university in Tamil Nadu, India. Founded in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by G. Viswanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduates, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs. It has campuses in Vellore and Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. A new 200-acre campus called VIT-AP located at Amaravati (the new state capital of Andhra Pradesh state) is under construction. Classes will be started in July 2017. N. Chandrababu Naidu, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and M. Venkaiah Naidu, a Union Minister, participated in the foundation ceremony. Foundation stone for VIT Bhopal campus at Sehore, Madhya Pradesh was laid down by Mr. Shivraj Singh Chouhan (Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh) on 20 October 2016.
VIT University admits students on the basis of merit through an online entrance exam. VIT organizes its own entrance exam, called the Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE). It is conducted every year in the month of April and May. In 2015, over two lakh students or two hundred thousand students appeared for the entrance examination. The exam has been conducted online since 2013. The VITEEE has consistently been easier than other engineering entrance exams like JEE Mains (formerly AIEEE) and JEE Advanced (formerly IIT-JEE).
VIT offers academic programs in Engineering, Technology, Applied Sciences, and Management. It offers 20 undergraduate programs, 34 postgraduate, four integrated MS courses, and four doctoral programs. VIT consolidated its disciplines into 10 Schools of Study with the addition of the VIT Law School at its Chennai campus
Research centers are part of the schools to encourage collaboration between the research and coursework areas and provide an opportunity for coursework students to participate in research projects. The university organizes industrial workshops like Automotive Engineering, organized by ParaMek Technologies in GraVitas Fest.
The university is among the first in India to implement the Fully Flexible Credit System (FFCS) which gives the students flexibility to make their own time tables by choosing the subjects and the faculties under whose guidance they want to study.
SchoolsIt is ranked first by Careers360’s Top Private Universities in India 2017. The university was ranked 13th in engineering within India by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in its 2016 and 2017 rankings. National Media groups like India Today have ranked VIT University in the Top 10 Engineering Schools of India for several years
Teaching at VIT is structured around schools listed below. Students are registered in one of these schools according to their field of study.
- School of Computing Engineering (SCOPE)
- School of Bio Sciences & Technology (SBST)
- School of Information Technology & Engineering (SITE)
- School of Electrical Engineering (SELECT)
- School of Social Sciences & Languages (SSL)
- School of Advanced Sciences (SAS)
- Department of Physical Education (DPE)
- School of Electronics Engineering (SENSE)
- School of Mechanical Engineering (SMEC)
- School of Civil and Chemical Engineering (SCALE)
- VIT Business School (VIT-BS)
- School of Architecture (V-SPARC)
- VIT Law School (at Chennai Campus only)
- VIT School of Fashion (both in Chennai and Vellore campus)
- B.Tech – Biotechnology
- B.Tech-Civil Engineering
- B.Tech -Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engg Spec. in Bioinformatics
- B.Tech – Computer Science and Engineering with Specialization in Information Security
- B.Tech – Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering with Spec. in IoT and Sensor
- B.Tech – Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics, and Communication with spl. In Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech – Electronics, and Communication with spl. In Sensors & Wearable Technology
- B.Tech – Information TechnologyB.Tech – Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechanical Spec. in Automotive Engineering
- B.Tech – Mechanical Spec. in Energy Engineering B.Tech – Production and Industrial Engineering
- B.Des. Industrial Design
VIT Vellore Admission
We at Admission India help the students who want to pursue b-tech course in VIT Vellore, we provide you the decisive information through personal guidance and counselling. Admission India works with total commitment and missionary deal to create heightened awareness among students about the opportunities open to them. We have consistently achieved excellent results and earned appreciations of students and their parents. Feel free to communicate us at +91 – 9766989091/+91 – 9766966299 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org