about BCA course
The full form of BCA is bachelor’s in Computer Application. BCA is a 3-year undergraduate degree programme that focuses on knowledge on the basics of computer application and software development. A BCA degree is considered to be at par with a BTech/BE degree in Computer Science or Information Technology. The degree helps interested students in setting up a sound academic base for an advanced career in Computer Applications.The course of BCA includes database management systems, operating systems, software engineering, web technology and languages such as C, C++, HTML, Java etc. It is a highly popular course amongst students aspiring to establish a career in established IT companies like HP, Accenture, Capgemini, Cognizant and new-age technology startups like Flipkart.
Professionals skilled in Computer Science are in huge demand since alot of manpower-based jobs are getting digitised. This is a software-related course where a professional well-versed in programming languages always stands out. A BCA graduate has scope in jobs such as Software Engineer, Web Designer and System Analyst.
Eligibility for BCA Course
To pursue a BCA programme, one need not have Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects in Class 12. In fact, candidates who have pursued Arts or Commerce in class XII can also join the course.
Basic eligibility requirements for a BCA course:
- Aspirants must have passed Class 12 from any stream with English as a subject with a minimum of 45 to 55 per cent marks in aggregate (the pass percentage might vary from college to college).
- While some colleges/universities admit aspirants on a merit basis, others admit students on the basis of personal interviews and written examinations.
Specialisations for BCA Course :
Some popular BCA specialisations available for admission are:
- Internet Technologies
- Network Systems
- Programming Languages (C++, JAVA, etc.)
- Systems Analysis
- Music and Video Processing
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Accounting Application