Fergusson Law College Pune Admission
The famous Deccan Education Society which is the parent body of several educational institutions spread over the landscape of Maharashtra founded the Fergusson College, a premier institution of liberal learning in India, in the year 1885. The Society itself was founded by the stalwarts of the Indian Freedom Movement-Lokmanya Tilak, Gopal Agarkar, Vishnushastri Chiplunkar and Madhavrao Namjoshi. The first two were also its distinguished teachers and Prof. Agarkar was its Principal (1892-95).
It has been named after Sir James Fergusson, then Governor of Bombay, who took a keen interest in the development of the New English School as well as the Fergusson College and was the first patron of the Deccan Education Society. It was inaugurated on 2nd January 1885 by William Wordsworth, the grandson of the great English poet. Hon. Gopal Krishna Gokhale and Maharshi Dhondo Keshav Karve-Bharat Ratna have taught in this College, while Prof. V. S. Apte, Prof. Agarkar, Wrangler R. P. Paranjpye and Wrangler G. S. Mahajani have been among its distinguished principals. Gandhiji and Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru have paid visits to the College and admired its work. Gandhiji paid a handsome tribute to the College at the time of its Golden Jubilee. He wrote in 1935: “Who can fail to be enthused over the noble record of service rendered by the D. E. Society and the Fergusson College to the cause of education?” Alma Mater to leaders across the entire spectrum of societal positions: Prime-Ministers, Industrialists, Doctors, Engineers, Academicians, Scientists, Litterateurs, Artistes, and Sportspersons.
Fergusson College Admission Process
The college offers BA, B.Sc. and B.Voc courses at UG level. At PG level, the college offers MA and M.Sc. programs in various specializations.
- Applications for admission to Fergusson College have to be submitted online.
- Applicants who have appeared for Higher Secondary Examinations in Science/ Arts/ Commerce are eligible for admissions to various undergraduate courses.
- For admission to MA and M.Sc courses, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in the concerned disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Admission to all the UG courses will be merit-based as per the rules of the university.
- Selection to the PG courses is done on the basis of merit and entrance examination score on a ratio of 50:50 for students of SPPU.
- For other universities students, candidates will be selected purely on the basis of an entrance examination.
Fergusson College UG Admission 2019
Fergusson College offers a three-year Bachelor’s degree in various specializations of Arts and Science. For admission to these courses, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary Examinations. For B.Sc courses, the qualifying examination must be passed in Science stream.
The college also runs Vocational courses in Media and Communication and Digital Art and Animation. Admissions to all the undergraduate courses will be merit-based as per candidate’s score in qualifying examination.
|BA||Economics||Passed class 12th in any stream||Merit Based|
|B.Sc||Animation||Passed class 12th in Science stream|
|B.Voc||Media & Communication||Passed class 12th in any stream|
|Digital Art & Animation|
- The college issues three merit lists for admissions.
- Candidates must bring original and scanned copies of relevant documents at the time of admission
Fergusson College PG Admission 2019
At postgraduate level, the college offers two-year Master’s courses in various disciplines of Arts and Science. Candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree in concerned disciplines with at least 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply. Also, three-year M.Sc. is offered with specialization in Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications.
Admissions to all the PG courses are done through an entrance examination conducted by the respective departments of the college for students from other universities. For students from SPPU, candidates are selected on the basis of merit (50%) and entrance examination marks (50%).
|MA||Economics||Bachelor’s in Arts in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks||On the basis of merit and entrance examination for SPPU students and Entrance exam for students from other universities|
|M.Sc||Analytical Chemistry||Bachelor’s in Science in concerned subjects with 50% aggregate marks|
|M.Sc.||Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications||B.Sc. with Mathematics/ BA Mathematics/BE/ B.Tech|
- Candidates must score at least 50% marks in the entrance exam.
- For candidates belonging to SPPU, college gives weight to both entrance exam (50%) and marks in Bachelors (50%).
- For candidates belonging to other universities, only the marks in the entrance exam will be considered for admission.
- After the selection of the candidate for admissions during the counseling, he/she needs to submit INR 5000 in Cash or through Demand Draft.
Direct Admission in Fergusson College
Admission India is the most trusted education sector in India since 2004. Admission India helps students who have scored low marks in the qualifying exams. Admission India is one of the best solutions to ensure that this would not delay you to study in your dream college and pursue a successful career. We not only provide admission assistance for Direct Admission In Fergusson Law College Pune Through Management Quota but also encourage the candidates so that they can develop their interpersonal skills which would help for their education and career growth.
This is the perfect time to start your career in Dream College because of that you can work with the leading business in the industry. Anytime you can get in touch with our Admission India an educational portal. Feel free to communicate us on +91 – 9766989091/+91 – 9766966299 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for Direct Admission in Fergusson College Pune Through Management Quota.