Bachelor of Management Studies is a 3 year undergraduate course, involving an advanced study of the management practices used in business/corporate firms, as also basic concepts in human resource education, such as employee retention, labor relations, and similar problem solving.
The program is spread over 6 semesters, lasting over 6 months each, and as for minimum eligibility, aspiring candidates need to attain the Higher Secondary (10+2) qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, for applying to the course.
Successful graduates of the course in the country can explore lucrative employment opportunities in leading public and private sector organizations as Bankers, Budget Planners, Quality Specialists, etc. with an initial monthly remuneration ranging between INR 15K and 50K, depending upon the scale of the organization and the candidate’s expertise.
The programs aims to educate enrolled students about the basic concepts of the academic discipline of Human Resource Management, such as employee retention, labor relations, etc. and the application of such knowledge in the field for improving management efficiency.
Bachelor of Management Studies: Who should opt?
Aspiring eligible candidates would ideally:
- have interest in, and aptitude for learning management techniques.
- possess the ability to effectively communicate with culturally diverse audiences, using a variety of technological/ non- technological formats.
- be proficient in implementing appropriate practices, encouraging team building, and mentoring junior members of the group.
- be interested in researching, planning, and developing procedures and processes in order to ensure optimum organizational performance.
Bachelor of Management Studies: Course Highlights
|Eligibility||10+2 qualification from a recognized educational Board.|
|Examination Type||Semester System (6 semesters)|
|Top Recruiting Areas/Fields||Business Firms, Academic Institutions, Marketing and Sales, Banks, Finance and Retailing, Self-Employment, Consultancy, etc.|
|Job Positions Offered||Banker, Quality Specialist, Business Development Manager, Teacher & Lecturer, Business Analyst, Finance Officer, Assistant Professor, and such.|
Eligibility for Bachelor of Management Studies
Listed below are the minimum criteria of eligibility that interested candidates need to fulfill in order to apply for the course.
- A Higher Secondary (10+2) qualification from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50%(general) and 45%(SC/ST) at the 10+2 level.
- Students having completed 10+2 in the Commerce stream are generally given preference, although students from Science or Arts streams are also welcome to apply for the course.
- Mathematical aptitude and good communication and problem-solving skills.
Top BMS Colleges in Mumbai
- HR College: Hassaram Rijhumal College of Commerce and Economics, commonly known as HR College is listed under 15 India’s Best Commerce Colleges. Their strong placement cell and best teaching faculty of this college make them one of the best BMS Colleges in Mumbai.
- Jai Hind College: One of the most sought-after and namely colleges in Mumbai, Jai Hind College is known for its glamorous alumni like Priyanka Chopra, Chanda Kochhar, Sunil Dutt, Aishwarya Rai and many more. BMS course in this college falls under the Unaided section and has a notable reputation making it amongst the top BMS Colleges in Mumbai.
- Sydenham College of Commerce: Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics is the oldest college of commerce in Asia. Located in Mumbai and affiliated to the University of Mumbai, this college offers undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in commerce and management. Being NAAC recognized, Sydenham College is one of the Best BMS Colleges of Mumbai. A brand on its own, this college is worth an experience!
- Hinduja College of Commerce: K.P.B. Hinduja College has founded 36 years ago and believes that ‘Sky is the Limit’. With so many activities happening they are another one of the our Top BMS Colleges in Mumbai to look out for.
- Patkar-Varde College: One of the well-known colleges in the western suburbs of Mumbai Patkar – Varde College. NAAC recognized it has an institutional score of 3.53 with an A+ Grade as one of its many achievements. BMS Department has a good reputation and is affiliated with Mumbai University.
- R.A Podar College: An institution started before independence, Podar College is a campus with the perfect ‘Cultural Mix’ of students. Winning many laurels, the college and its BMS Department is well versed in its teachings and promotes students to excel in their selected field. They strive to mold its students into competent managers and entrepreneurs so that they rise par excellence. These qualities make them one of the top BMS colleges in Mumbai.
- SIES College: SIES College facilitates a student-centered environment where the intellectual, cultural, social, physical and recreational needs of the students are fulfilled. Located in Central Line of Mumbai SIES is a credible college for joining a course.
- St. Andrew’s College: St. Andrew’s College located in Bandra, Mumbai’s Queen of the suburbs is one of the leading colleges in BMS. Completing 25+ years in this field, St. Andrew’s College offers the best faculty for BMS and a college crowd that you’d look forward too.
- Lala Lajpatrai College: The Lala Lajpatrai Memorial Trust was formed in 1959 on the eve of the birth centenary celebration of the Late Lala Lajpatrai to work for the objectives which were so dear and near to Lalaji’s heart. Today it is one of the flourishing institutions to study in.
- L.S. Raheja College: One of the best BMS Colleges of Mumbai, L.S. Raheja College of Arts & Commerce, which is permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai is housed in a well-planned and well-maintained spacious building amidst a scenic landscape and a lush green garden which creates an ambiance conducive for a better learning.
Direct Admission in BMS in Mumbai
Admission India is one of the best solutions to ensure that this would not delay you to study in your dream college and pursue a successful career. This is the perfect time to start your career in Dream College because of that you can work with the leading business in the industry. Anytime you can get in touch with our Admission India an educational portal. Feel free to communicate us on +91 – 9766989091/+91 – 9766966299 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for Direct Admission in BMS in Mumbai Through Management Quota.