Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is a five years undergraduate program which can be started after 10+2 with minimum 50% marks. This course is designed to produce licensed and professional architects who are authorized to do private constructions and government constructions.
Architectural study includes the activity of designing models of building, preparing construction’s blueprint and other physical structure of any land and building. The increasing demand for constructing shopping malls, flyovers in cities and other commercial complexes can be fulfilled by the role of an architect.
Which skills are required?
The activities of an Architect are different in each project or assignment but it is enjoyable. Mainly the skills required in this course are drawing skills, analytical skills and constructing skills. It also requires practical skills rather than theoretical skills.
If somebody is fond of doing a different kind of activities every time by his/her own then they should opt for this course. As compared to clerical work, this course requires initiative abilities, challenges-accepted attitude, and hands-on-work style. The duration of this course is five years after 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% marks in aggregate.
Academic options after Bachelor of Architecture:
A variety of higher study options are available after this course. But the most relevant and beneficial study option is M. Arch.(Master in Architecture) which focuses on the specialization in architecture career.
Apart from this, students can also apply for other postgraduate courses such as Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Design (PGDPD)
Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Environmental Planning
- Infrastructure Planning
- Construction of Project Management
The duration of the course is 5 years and to get admission into Bachelor of Architecture the student must be fulfilled the following conditions:
- 10+2 or equivalent with minimum 50% marks along with the compulsory subject of mathematics.
- 10th + 3 year’s diploma in any stream from a recognized university/ board/ institution.
- Cleared NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) with the 80% marks conducted by Council of Architecture
Job profile of B.Arch. includes the responsibility of creating design of construction, coordinating with construction processionals, town planning, finalizing projects, construction of residential as well as commercial building etc. Apart from this, he/she can work as Civil Engineer, Land Developer and Structural Engineer also.
They can also join their career path with the following job profiles:
- Architectural Engineer
- Architectural Historian
- Art Director
- Building Contractor& Researcher
- Interior Designer
- Landscape Architect
Top Architecture Colleges in Mumbai:
- Sir J.J College of Architecture, Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, [NMIMS] Mumbai
- St Xaviers College, Mumbai
- Amity University – Mumbai
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies – NMIMS
- NMIMS’s Balwant Sheth School of Architecture
- Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Architecture
- IES College of Architecture
- Indian Institute of Architects
- LBHSST’S Dr. Baliram Hiray College of Architecture
Direct admission for architecture in Mumbai:
Don’t waste another year to take admission to your dream college. Admission India provide Direct Admission for Architecture Courses through Management Quota in top colleges of Mumbai.You can directly contact us at +91 – 9766989091, +91 – 9766966299 or email us at email@example.com to Direct Admission for Architecture course through Management Quota in top colleges Mumbai.